Our client located in Brampton, has an immediate opening for a Process Engineer.
Wage: Negotiable – depending on experience
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Process Engineer directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of process engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Work with program coordinators to introduce new molding designs, tooling & processes into production that meet or exceed customer expectations. Provides the necessary process documentation to run these parts to the agreed upon process specifications in production.
- Has necessary skills required to review CAD design, review construction and implement molding tooling using existing materials to meet or exceed production capability.
- Provides engineering feedback on new designs to ensure process capability throughout plant, review and testing of new materials that are required to support these new proposals.
- Coordinate implementation of new processes in manufacturing (may follow up on equipment and installation).
- Reviews process parameters and equipment parameters and performance for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, personnel safety, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Maintaining mold quality and Integrity through scheduled maintenance.
- Coordinates with manufacturing all molding process activities that are concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Provides direct support to manufacturing for capability issues not within ability of production to resolve.
- Provides cost analysis/ piece cost estimate when necessary.
- Implement cost savings ideas that have been identified as potentially feasible through cost system, mold techs, or through own suggestions.
- Foster utilization of team concepts throughout the organization. Participate and demonstrate ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree (B.S.) and 5+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical background to understand intended molding machine operation. May also be involved with ancillary equipment supporting molding operations such as trim units, benders and saw units. Familiar with PLC’s is a preferred.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet applications. Must be familiar with internet research and the use of e-mail. CAD experience preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
Submit resumes to email@example.com, please include 2 references, salary expectations and availability for interviews or contact Patricia MacQueen @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 104.