Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Certified Machinist.
Wage: $28 per hour
Shift: Days – Must be willing to work other shifts / overtime as needed.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the set up and operation of a variety of machine tools including manual (Mill & Lathe) & CNC (Mill & Lathe) machines to produce spring leaves, patterns, machine parts, tool, or die parts by performing the following duties.
- Sets up and operates to prescribed tolerances engine lathes, and milling, grinding, drilling, sawing and boring machines.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, operation and product related reference charts and tables and selects mechanical measuring and checking, layout devices.
- Performs measuring, checking and layout operations and selects work piece materials and required cutting tools and abrasives for metal removal operations.
- Performs metal removal operations using hand and power tools and selects work piece clamping and holding devices and product related components.
- Selects work piece materials and required cutting tools and abrasives for metal removal operations
- Assist in training fellow employees as required.
- Informs Team Leader if any of the above tasks cannot be performed as required.
- This generally describes the operations performed by these individuals, however may be required to perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Completion of a Machinist/Tool and Die Apprenticeship with 3 to 5 years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Hold a valid Certificate of Qualification for the trade in the Province of Ontario.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, sketches, specifications and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations
If you would be interested in knowing more about either of these roles, please forward a resume, 2 references, and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at [email protected] or call Chris at 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108.