Our client located in Orangeville, Ontario has an immediate opening for an Accounting Coordinator
- Manage the activities of the associates in the Accounting Department including training and disciplinary actions to provide timely effective accounting while ensuring a balanced workload for all given resources available.
- Budgeting for Accounting, Purchasing and planning
- Budgeting preparation, consolidation of all departments
- Monitor & analyze monthly operating results against budget for Accounting.
- Manage the preparation of financial reports, forecasts & budgets
- Monitor & analyze monthly operating results.
- Manage Accounting and finance activities to be J-SOX compliant.
- Coordinate reviews/audits with outside auditors for quarterly and year end activities such as physical inventory, financial, business audits and J-SOX.
- Coordinate Month End Closing and other accounting information
- Support in filing all necessary federal and provincial income tax returns.
- Keep updated on all necessary federal, provincial tax laws for compliance.
- Transfer pricing documentation support
- Coordinate and assist with audits with provincial or federal tax authorities.
- File all federal and provincial (non-tax) filings
- Understand, practice and implement management principles, policies and goals. Develop department principles, policies and goals in alignment with corporate principles, policies and goals.
- Develop and implement the projects required for the annual Department Business Plan. Compile the budgetary resource information based on the business plan to establish the departmental budget. After final officer approval, issue the plan and budget for tracking results.
- Track completion of the activity in the Business Plan and analyze trends and/or results to be able to provide recommendations for further improvement activity.
- Provide guidance and opportunity for development of the skills and abilities of all department associates.
- Provide clear direction and expectations.
- College Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Applicable knowledge and/or education of tax legislation and requirements.
- Applicable knowledge and/or education regarding supervision.
- Applicable knowledge and/or education regarding ISO.
- Applicable knowledge and/or education regarding the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Five years, working in an automotive or equivalent industry.
- Two years with supervisory responsibility for Accounting.
- Must be able to use standard spreadsheet techniques via Excel.
- Must be able to use standard presentation techniques via Power Point.
- Must be able to interpret legislation to determine applicable compliance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally, listen and in writing.
- Must be able to coach and guide all levels of Associates within the company.
- Must be able to problem solve issues and provide countermeasures.
- Must be able to manage Associate issues by applying appropriate policies and professional practices.
- Must be able to maintain professional decorum at all times.
- Must be able to encourage a “team” environment.
- Must be able to provide business reports, analysis and or data that are appropriate for the circumstance.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.