Our client has an immediate opportunity for an Automation Technician (Electrician with strong PLC experience) to join their team.
Wage: $27 – $30 per hour – Benefits available
The successful candidate will be responsible for the troubleshooting, servicing & programming of our client’s computerized systems and robotic assembly devices.
- perform routine diagnostic checks on automated systems;
- establish monitoring parameters on automated systems;
- isolate problems and perform repairs as required;
- design and service control systems and PLCs;
- analyse automation performance to ensure they meet all safety and productivity standards;
- prepare reports and recommend upgrades or changes to current processes;
- Must have valid Ontario Electrician’s license (442A or 309A)
- Electronic/Automation Technician College Diploma would be an asset
- Courses in Rockwell Automation Programmable controllers would be an asset
- Education or equivalent experience in hydraulics/pneumatics is an asset
- Familiar with Motoman and Fanuc Robots
- Ability to read and understand electrical/electronic schematics
- Thorough understanding of mechanical systems and how it relates to automation
- Have good troubleshooting and fault finding skills to determine root cause of failure
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Mike Macleod at [email protected] .