The Buyer would seek out goods in cost-effective ways, building relationships with suppliers, providing the team the raw materials necessary to work effectively. This position calls for a leader who isn’t afraid of a fast-paced environment, with fresh challenges to solve every day. This is a position that demands someone who understands the value of doing things the right way—who isn’t interested in cutting corners. You’ll be supporting the identification of new suppliers, obtaining proposals, contract management and negotiation. Reporting to the Strategic Sourcing Manager, a large component of your work will be to implement the contract arrangements after negotiation, and see the results of your work impact our entire organization.
· Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Business Administration
· Years of Experience Required: o Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience o Purchasing or Supply Management experience is considered an asset
· SCMP Designation is desired
· Excellent analytical skills – ability to turn empirical data into insightful, strategic decisions
· Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel
· The desire to understand all of the moving parts in our processes
· Ability to thrive in an environment where you’ll have multiple competing projects with evolving priorities
· Drive for continuous improvement; to find a better way, every day.
· Fluent in negotiations
· Identify cost-savings initiatives: Develop plan to capture savings, Identifying key milestones; ensuring all initiatives on track to deliver desired outcomes
· Leverage spend across departments and sites where common spend exists
· Working with other departments – Maintenance, Production, Quality, R&D, Technical Sales – to implement and improve supply arrangements in these areas
· Build strong working relationships with key suppliers: identify/develop new products/processes and implement improvements
· Establish & maintain Supplier Performance metrics to ensure we are capturing highest quality, service and benefits of contractual arrangements
· Negotiate pricing and other terms of our supplier relationships
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including your availability or contact Patricia MacQueen @ 1877-737-6562 extension 104.