Our client in Milton, Ontario has an immediate opening for a CNC Cylindrical Grinder.
- Determine machining requirements, dimensional specifications, and set up requirements from programs, process sheets and blueprints;
- Perform set up and operation of the CNC Cylindrical Grinder(s);
- Mount and dress the required Grinding Wheel(s);
- Load CNC Program into machine control;
- Set appropriate magnetic chuck or related jig to hold components securely for grinding operations;
- Check blue prints to verify machining dimensions; use mounted grinding wheel to machine a product to the final desired dimension;
- Ensure that all machining tasks are completed in accordance with specified run times;
- Conduct minor preventative maintenance procedures as scheduled;
- Complete minor troubleshooting as required;
- Observes and listens to machine operation in order to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools when possible;
- Notify Team Leader or Lead Hand when run times are incorrect and/or product will not meet time lines;
- Report discrepancies to the appropriate department;
- Make recommendations for productivity and/or method improvements;
- Ensure ISO guidelines are followed; follow Job Instruction Sheets and Tag Procedures etc;
- To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individuals must have a High School Diploma, with a minimum of one (1) year experience and/or training in a precision machining environment.
- Ability to assess specifications to maintain machining accuracy is necessary to produce/manufacture a high quality product. Ability to set up and operate on the equipment while capable of performing several processes is required.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 800 339 5917 extension 103.
Job Number: 6041