Our client in Milton, Ontario has an immediate opening for a CNC Gundrill Operator.
- Determine machining requirements, dimensional specifications, and set up requirements from process sheets, blueprints and manual measuring;
- Responsible for loading program(s), editing when required;
- Selection of grade and cutting tool for proper operation of the Gundrill as per specifications;
- Temporary plug and clamp drilled holes during operation to minimize oil leaks;
- Tap all specified holes, deburr component plate, and grind profile as required;
- Ensure effective production of quality parts by checking drawings or sketches, using gauges and other measuring equipment;
- Observes and listens to machine operation in order to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools when possible;
- Notify Team Leader when run times are incorrect or product will not meet time lines;
- Ensure machining tasks are completed in accordance with specified run times;
- Report discrepancies to the appropriate department;
- Provide guidance and/or training for apprentices when required;
- Conduct minor preventative maintenance procedures as scheduled;
- To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Individuals must have completed a recognized training course in CNC machining and a minimum of one (1) year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 800 339 5917 extension 103.
Job Number: 6042