Our client has an immediate opportunity for a CNC Setup Operator to join their team.
Wage: $17 – $19 per hour – Benefits available
Shift: Afternoon or Weekend shifts available
- Possess a comprehensive working knowledge of the theory and practical application of all of CNC machining procedures
- Learn to efficiently operate medium to large CNC horizontal and vertical milling, drilling and boring machines
- Read and understand required information to complete the machining processes to specifications from tool prints and
- CAM surface data
- Verify dimension of molds for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Retrieve and manage supplied data and created files
- Participate in up front design reviews as a resource to Engineering
- Ability to perform and assist with job set-ups in a safe manner
- Safely handle and manipulate mould blocks and components with overhead cranes and lifting devices as well as forklift trucks; Demonstrate proper tooling and job pick up and orientation techniques
- Ensure and verify that the finished results of any job are to the internal and external customer specifications, and report all problems or discrepancies to management
- Participate in benchmarking of new tooling and equipment
- Able to travel as required for investigational and training purposes
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a CNC set up operator in a manufacturing environment, ideally automotive.
- Knowledge of machining standards and expectations
- Understanding of 3D CAD and data manipulation
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to assess situations and determine when to ask for assistance for decision making
- Able to work independently as well as being a team player
- Will be required to work varied shifts on a long term basis
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Patricia MacQueen at [email protected].