Wage negotiable depending on related experience. Great benefits.
- Oversee the delivery of financial services, working closely with the finance shared services group, corporate financial reporting and mill management teams and lead the finance team including performance management evaluations;
- Provide overall financial support for the GM of Finance and the mill management team;
- Review and report on variance analyses monthly and quarterly compared to prior periods, and rolling forecasts.
- Review and evaluate capital projects to determine feasibility and ensure adequate return targets are being met;
- Lead and report on the divisions’ margin and working capital improvement initiatives, driving continued value to the Company;
- Work on a range of ad-hoc finance projects including margin analysis, energy usage, and what if scenarios
- Ensure compliance with established financial control policies and procedures through periodic review of financial transactions and accounts, to safeguard the Company’s assets.
- Review and approve journal entries relating to all operational cost centers prepared by Senior Operational Accounts, to ensure compliance with IFRS and company policies prior to posting to the general ledger
- Develop a positive working environment with the team and ensure the team members are empowered, encouraged, and rewarded for their contributions and performance;
- Work with the departmental managers and leaders in the effective use of financial information as a management tool in the development and execution of their five quarter forecasts
- Education 5 to 8 years of experience in a financial management role, preferably within the pulp and paper industry or a related operations / manufacturing environment
- Accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA) and related business courses.
- Operational Performance Management and or Business Process Improvement (Six Sigma, Lean) is desired.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding integrity and quality leadership; and
- Team building and motivational skills
This is a confidential job opening. If you meet the credentials, please send your resume and an email with any questions. [email protected]
job # 3099