Our client has an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Superintendent.
Wage: Negotiable – Depending on relevant experience
- Working closely with Operating and Maintenance personnel, the Electrical and Control Maintenance Supervisor will plan, schedule and supervise maintenance and capital work, and participate in the development and implementation of programs to ensure equipment availability meets or exceeds established maintenance related targets.
- Utilize the Maintenance & Supply Chain Best Practices in conjunction with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, purchase requisitions, weekly schedules, PM’s, and updating the equipment database;
- The incumbent will participate in the development of the capital and maintenance budgets to establish and ensure objectives are achieved
- Throughout the incumbent’s responsibilities will be the requirement to ensure compliance to internal and external policies, procedures and regulations with respect to the Health and Safety of the maintenance crews.
- Electrician, Instrumentation trade license or Electrical Engineering Degree or diploma required, coupled with 3-5 years of work experience.
- The ideal candidate would have excellent maintenance knowledge of heavy equipment used in mining, heavy industrial or pulp and paper industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including an ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced and structured environment
- Good communication skills with excellent strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods;
- Proficient analytical skills required as well as a strong background in MS Office, MS Project.
- The ideal candidate will possess the drive and passion to continuously improve upon the health and safety, efficiency, production, planning and manufacturing cost and maintenance cost targets for the site.
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please forward a resume, 2 references, your wage expectations and your interview availability to Patricia MacQueen at [email protected] or call Patricia directly at 1-877-737-6562 ext. 104.