Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Electrician to join their team.
Shifts: Candidates must be willing and able to work rotating shifts of Days, Afternoons and Nights.
- Comply with all safety procedures
- Fabricate, install, and repairs electrical/electronic/electromechanical systems.
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications as well as electrical and electronic schematics such as hydraulic and pneumatic circuits.
- Able to install, examine, replace and repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assembles, light fixtures and other electrical components.
- Perform all electrical preventative maintenance related inspections, documenting and reporting results as per procedure.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance.
- Follow all safety precautions and procedures ensuring that all equipment is safe before releasing to production.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions using appropriate test instruments and circuit diagrams.
- Troubleshoot industrial control systems and devices.
- Other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Certified Industrial Electrician with 5 years in a electrical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and electrical and electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of electrical code of Ontario
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Familiarity with all aspects of electrical manufacturing processes and shop safety
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with combinations of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling.
- Ability to find information, document relevant information and knowledge of computers
- Ability to retain information and communicate effectively
If you would be interested in applying for this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Mike MacLeod at [email protected]