Our client located in Concord, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator
- Provide support in the identification and evaluation of risks associated with physical, chemical and biological hazards in the workplace and recommend changes to eliminate or control these hazards.
- Develop clear objectives, goals, strategies and measures for integrating health, safety and the environment into the business system.
- Promote a healthy, safe work environment and ensure opportunity for achievement of compliance to company policies and legislation related to health, safety and environmental acts or regulations at all divisions.
- Coordinate and lead in the development of health, safety and environmental policies, programs and procedures.
- Facilitate the exchange of health, safety and environmental related information within the organization and the divisions.
- Research and maintain working knowledge of relevant health, safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Administer records and documents related to health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Provide consultative advice on health, safety and environmental issues to the organization.
- Offer training on health, safety and environmental related topics to improve the organizations performance and comply with legislative requirements. .
Duties Health & Safety
- Actively participate to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the Joint, Health and Safety Committee activities.
- Attend JHSC meetings and inform the committee of current issues.
- Provide leadership to the JHSC to ensure members are at the “teaching” phase of the Health and Safety Business Plan.
- Coordinate workplace inspections.
- Coordinate responses to health, safety or environmental related complaints and concerns.
- Assist supervisors in properly investigating and documenting all accidents and injuries.
- Lead the internal WSIB claims coordination in the Return to Work Program.
- Lead the internal WSIB claims coordination in initiating ergonomic improvements and programs.
- Communicate information on identified hazards, precautions and required corrective actions throughout the organization.
- Represent the organization at inspections by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate the annual WHMIS inventory and maintains the MSDS system.
- Participate in the review (PSHSR and JHSC Risk Assessment) of all new equipment to assist in ensuring that health, safety and environmental conditions are met.
- Manage budgets and resources effectively.
- Promote specific methods to increase awareness of health, safety and environmental initiatives. (Newsletters and postings)
- Provide to the organization information related to health, safety and environmental performance.
- Coordinate the required occupational health testing within the organization (Air Quality and Noise Levels, etc.).
- Promote safe work practices.
- Review and maintain health and safety policies and procedures to ensure they are current.
- Create and maintain Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) reports on existing equipment.
- Ensure hazard assessments are completed and documented with the assistance of the JHSC on new and existing equipment.
- Participate in the development of Operating Procedures to ensure the identification of health, safety and environmental hazards, associated protective devices and required PPE.
- Coordinate the Emergency Response Plan and fire safety prevention initiatives.
- Participate in external networking opportunities to share and gain knowledge in health, safety and environmental best practices within other organizations.
- Manage the annual Hazardous Waste Information Network (HWIN) registration and payment schedule.
- Manage the Waste Manifest Reporting.
- Manage the annual Air Monitoring and Reporting System O. Reg. 127 and NPRI USEPA
- Review Air Certificates of Approval annually for updates and compliance.
- Ensure that all Environmental Audit points are practiced and improved upon to ensure overall compliance.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- High level experience in Microsoft applications.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in ISO/TS management systems.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Health & Safety professional designation is an asset.
- Experience in project management would be an asset.
- A certificate in adult education would be an asset.
- Background in all associated legislative requirements such as OHSA, EPA and WSIA.
- Experience in applying ergonomic solutions.
- JHSC WSIB Certification II.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
Job Number 6468