Human Resource Manager
Reporting to the General Manager and the VP, HR of the corporate office, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the formulation and implementation of human resource policies, programs and procedures to meet strategic business requirements, and improving the utilization of human capital assets. As a member of the Management Team, the HR Manager takes a leadership role in employee and labour relations; recruitment; training and development and compensation programs.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline; a CHRP would be considered an asset.
- A proven track record of success as a progressive Human Resources professional, in leadership roles that has involved responsibility for strategic human resources and labour relations strategy in a complex, unionized environment.
- Extensive knowledge in varied facets of human resources, including employee relations, compensation and benefits; job evaluation; employee development; occupational health, safety and wellness; corporate policy development and collective agreement administration. Stays current on trends and best practices.
- Positive track record as a skilled and strategic negotiator and problem solver in a unionized environment. Sound knowledge of the methods, principles and techniques used in labour management including grievance management, arbitration and mediation.
- Strong business acumen; demonstrated ability to provide highly effective support to the business by linking HR strategies to the organization’s need.
- A strategic thinker and dynamic leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Possesses a well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Adaptable and understands a complex and constantly changing business environment. Able to keep pace with a company going through significant growth and change. Solid problem solving and decision-making capabilities with the skill to draw appropriate conclusions and presentations.
- Strong bias for action and a keen sense of urgency. Self-motivated; able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Confident using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
Please submit inquiries and resumes to [email protected]