Our client has an immediate opportunity for an Injection Mold Set Up Tech to join their team.
Shifts: Night Shifts
Wage: $25 – $30 per hour – Depending on experience and educational background
- Complete all relevant documentation for mould change.
- Verify tool specific setup (ie. Program, cycle time).
- Troubleshoot and work with other departments to solve problems.
- Carry out and coordinate mould change activities according to procedure and instructions.
- Prepare all required pre-mould change activities.
- Housekeeping: ensure all work areas are kept clean and organized.
- Setup all moulds as required (ie. First/Last off).
- Responsible for all technical aspects of mould change,
- Responsible for part quality and has the authority to stop production, if necessary, to correct quality problems.
- Responsible to notify Supervisor and/or Injection Department Manager of defective equipment, tools or parts (ie. bolts, clamps etc.) to ensure we are installing and operating our moulds in a safe manner. Examples of “defective” include but are not limited to worn, leaking air hoses to impact gun, damaged platen hoses/inserts, bolt heads worn, bolt threads damaged etc.
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Completed Course work relating to Injection Moulding.
- Good communication skills (in English).
- The ability to write technical reports.
- Be able to demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Basic understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic components and systems.
- Basic understanding of electrical circuits.
- Physically able to perform mould changes and other job duties.
- Must be a certified forklift operator
- Basic knowledge of SPC.
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at [email protected] .