Our client located in Thunder Bay, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Kraft Production Manager
Reporting to the Kraft and Utilities Manager, you will join an energetic, driven and results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to take charge and strive to improve every day. In turn, you will manage an experienced group of industry professionals, whom you will lead to achieve our shared objectives.
- Lead your team in performing all of their tasks consistent with safety program
- Plan, coordinate and allocate resources to support the execution of the site’s overall day-to-day production program
- Develop and grow the members of your team to ensure the sustainability of our work force, and to help them set priorities and determine objectives in accordance with the mill’s priorities
- Maintain a positive, active and open dialogue with unions, employees and contractors to promote safe work practices, sustainable maintenance best practices and reliability, and high productivity
- Engineering (or comparable) degree, with at least 5 years of management experience within a unionized industrial environment. An MBA would be an asset
- Must have previous pulp and paper experience
- Proficient analytical skills are essential, as well as a strong background in MS Office and experience with a computerized maintenance management system is crucial. SAP experience is an asset
- Strong, proven and trusted leader with a drive to surpass expectations, whose decision-making is based on sound analytical preparation
- Excellent team worker, skilled at driving change in a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in collaboration with your team, your peers and colleagues
- Able to manage with rigor: you ably balance competing priorities; you delegate effectively; you set objectives consistent with the mill’s goals; and you measure progress
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.