Our client in Sussex, New Brunswick has an immediate opening for a Long Haul Truck Driver.
- Performs pre and post trip inspections of vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures.
- Reviews paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Delivers and unloads products utilizing equipment including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars and other devices which assist delivery.
- Verifies piece count, leaves the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures and store stamps (when applicable) on delivery documents.
- Operates vehicle safely within guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public.
- Reports any accident immediately to the Warehouse Manager.
- Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Reports any defects promptly to the Warehouse Manager.
- Picks up supplies and back hauls from vendors. Completes related paperwork.
- Attends mandatory drivers meetings, training or administrative sessions as required.
- Maintains the Company’s professional reputation to customers, the public and company employees.
- Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Must possess a valid and provincially appropriate driver’s license for the vehicle(s) being driven.
- Prefer minimum of 2-3 years verified experience operating a truck(s)
- Clean driving abstract
- Knowledge of provincially specific transportation and driving laws and mandates.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Jim Cooper @ 1 800 339 5917 extension 107.
Job Number: 5359