Our client located in Southern British Columbia has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Millwright.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Team Lead, the primary role of the Maintenance Technician is to provide technical services to production teams in supporting production uptime, ensuring optimal functioning of the production equipment and facilities.
- This position will require a licensed Millwright and Power Engineering certification to provide critical support in reducing production down time, implementation of preventive maintenance programs, and effective troubleshooting of equipment.
- As a member of the maintenance team the position will participate in team efforts to achieve assigned business unit goals; work closely with team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provide support to other roles within the maintenance team as required.
- Preventative Maintenance as per program requirements
- Respond appropriately to emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment to reduce manufacturing machine downtime
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments Operate the steam boiler and perform all safety protocols
- Coordinate activities of outside contractors when required Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing / industrial equipment Food Industry experience an asset
- Equipment and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Physical strength and stamina to do maintenance and repair work Able to move from one task to another efficiently and accurately.
- Demonstrates team approach, behaviors and interpersonal skills that contribute to a positive team and work environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to clearly understand instructions and communicate one-on-one.
- Organized in approach to work assignments, practices effective time management, and prioritizes tasks.
- Health & Safety; Lockout, Confined Space Entry, WHMIS
- Familiar with quality systems; ISO, HACCP, GMP, 5S and TPM Ability to effectively use a computer; CMMS, Excel and Outlook
- Completed at least 4-years of apprenticeship in industrial mechanic/millwright program or a combination of education and years of manufacturing work experience in the trade.
- Industrial Millwright trade certification or a valid Industrial electrician license is an advantage
- Class 4 or 3 Power Engineering certificate or in the process of certification
If you feel that you meet the above listed requirements, please send an updated resume to [email protected]. You can contact Chris Halliwell directly at 1 (800) 339-5917, ext. 108.
Job Number: 5294