Our client located in Vaughn, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Materials Manager
- Responsible for managing Materials roles; Purchasing, Production Control, Shipping/Receiving, Inventory control Analyst, Outside Service, Buyer, and Administrator(s), Material Supervisor and Warehouse Manager, to ensure the appropriate training, coaching and discipline is given to ensure high performance of tasks to meet scheduled requirements
- Oversee Materials/ Purchasing related functions:
- Review with scheduling department to ensure on time delivery to internal and external customers
- Oversee and maintain inventory levels of materials to meet targets as set by management
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure physical inventory counts are effective and accurate
- Ensure proper planning and control for all areas of responsibility in Materials department (e.g. labour, overtime, equipment, travel, etc).
- Champion of Continuous Improvement program; provide input and ensure completion of CI project
- Achieve goals and objectives that are set out each year by the General Manager
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to throughput, inventory and operational expense
- Ensure updated assessments are conducted on press capacity and warehouse storage
- Analyzes departmental clerical and office procedures and practices, and studies work flow, sequence of operations, and office arrangement to maximize efficiency of department.
- Oversees and ensures proper planning and scheduling programs are implemented and monitored to meet sales forecasts through the balance of manpower and machine requirements.
- Monitors current status of customer releases and shipments and communicates potential shortages to Operations Department.
- Prepares Management reports on the status of customer deliveries, inventory turns, inventory levels and other reports as assigned.
- Liaison with customer assembly plants to manage communications on delivery issues, availability of containers and to ensure compliance with customer’s systems
- Post-Secondary Diploma preferred in Business Administration and or Materials Management
- Professional Purchaser certification or 7 years direct technical and commercial purchasing experience, 2 – 3 years’ experience at Management level Specializing in automotive manufacturing
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- High level of time management and ability to lead a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to interact with the Management Team in a professional manner to continually enhance the company’s performance
- Desire to learn the business, understand the production process by walking the floor, and participating in production meetings
- A complete hands on approach is required to assist the plant in developing into a successful and profitable company
- Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction
- Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and team leader
- Ability to manage and direct subordinates on the day-to-day tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to mentor and guide subordinates to achieve overall departmental goals and objectives
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
Job Number 6470