Our client in Markham, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Materials Manager.
- Working closely with Human Resources to create and execute staff development plans
- Drive cultural change that will engage the workforce and result in a successful implementation of Lean and 5S principles associated with the site management operating system
- Lead resolution of supplier performance problems, including crisis management, with regard to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Lead to ensure that all safety, quality, delivery and cost goals are met and challenged systemically
- Lead her/his team to produce production schedules, budget controls, work force requirements, and production load vs. capacity tracking and analysis to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Provide effective leadership to ensure the development of the MPS, associated MRP work order release and department schedules are actioned and executed systemically and on-time
- Systemically lead his/her team to evaluate MRP inputs and drive down inventory and cost while optimizing work centers
- Leadership and maturity of the supply portion SIOP process (Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning) that aligns supply and demand for services in the business
- Material productivity by business and product area including make/buy analysis, inventory levels, and strategic inventory improvement planning and execution
- Working with Legal/Corporate resources to ensure that the company’s procurement documents are adequately defined, including T&C’s, NDAs, MSAs, MOUs, etc.
- Create bids and pursuits activities by working with available resources to produce material/service cost data to develop sourcing plans that support a Plan For Every Part
- Develop and track relevant Measures of Performance to support the development of a robust area Daily Management Metric system that ties to site Improvement Priorities
- Responsible for cycle counting activities to assure inventories are accurate and counts are timely to prevent the need for annual general inventory efforts.
- Delivering stated goals and objectives per the site Strategic Plan, with regular progress reports and communications of emerging risks
- Strict adherence to ISO/AS9100 quality and purchasing requirements as well as all laws (procurement, contract, export, etc.) and corporate policies
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration and/or Operation Management required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience managing production planning of a high mix, low volume manufacturing environment that includes precision CNC machining and sheet metal fabrications
- CPIM certified or in pursuit is an asset
- Experience in aerospace industry or similar manufacturing environments are preferred.
- A proven record of implementing and sustaining ERP, Lean Manufacturing principles, cellular work teams, Kanban, 5S, Kaizen and other continuous improvement programs
- A successful history of improving productivity, cost reduction while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 800 339 5917 extension 108.
Job Number: 4950