Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Mechanical Designer to join their team.
Wage: Depending on relevant experience
- Design of various components using Autodesk Inventor
- End of Arm tool and fixtures, Conveyer systems, camera inspection tables, master part tables, buffer tables and safety fencing, Blow-off tooling, Piping etc.
- Design tolerances and locating strategy on the parts to balance complexity and ease of assembly
- Create and modify the Bill of Material (BOM)
- Participate in design review processes with customers
- Work with Quality in implementing APQP, PPAP and clearing NMR’s
- Coordinate with suppliers and proposed changes to SI parts as required
- Work with other cross functional teams, such as, quality, manufacturing, and project management to ensure optimum product design/operation with minimum rework and meet the standard set by the customer
- Design parts from concept/prototype models and/or computer renderings
- Train and assisted co-op students in the design team
- Create Reports by using FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Assist Manufacturing for the root cause analysis
- Be Involved in site visits, planning, budgeting, database maintenance, and quality maintenance
- A Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Engineering from a recognized University or an Engineering Diploma/Associate Degree from a recognized Community College or equivalent experience within the trade
- Specialized training in the use of engineering software by a recognized training organization
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct experience designing automation systems and related tooling for the automotive, aerospace, construction and defence sectors
- Eligibility for clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods and the American ITAR requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment; Catia and/or Keycreator/XMD is a definite asset
- The ability to work with others in a team atmosphere
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Patricia MacQueen at [email protected] or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 104 with any questions.