Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Specialist (Production) to join their team.
- $57 – $60k, depending on experience
- Immediate coverage in benefits
- Immediate participation in the pension plan (min 3% company contribution) upon hire
- OT after 40hrs of scheduled work, double time on Sundays
The Successful Candidate will be responsible for the design and process improvement of all equipment in the plant, supporting production to achieve daily targets by ensuring equipment is fully operational within the facility.
- Identify and complete countermeasure activities for production issues.
- Create trouble shooting and set-up manuals for production equipment.
- Create change over Standard Operating Procedures to be utilized by production
- Champion new equipment and large projects including budget control, scheduling, procurement, presentation to senior management and installation including improve and maintaining machine safety.
- Design and implement new fixtures and jigs as required to meet production requirements
- Assisted in the troubleshooting of all production equipment
- Compile and maintain all information, records, and documentation relevant to all completed work orders, change control records, files, and drawings, and on computer maintenance management system
- Develop time studies in order to maximize efficiency and capacity
- Participate in weekly and monthly business planning activities to meet business objectives
- Develop, facilitate and implement Process Improvement Activities, as well as, participate in New Model development to meet production schedules as required
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis meetings as required to resolve production issues
- Ensure all equipment parameters are current & backed up as per manufacturers specification
- Develop and facilitate process and equipment training as required
- Create and control Equipment Check Sheets, guide sheets, ICR, IDR, cycle time, spare parts, manufacturing condition sheets & drawings to address audit finding and comply with updated standards
- University, College Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an Engineering Role
- Comprehensive work knowledge of Equipment Codes & Applicable Legislation
- Experience within automotive or manufacturing sector
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to George Halliwell at [email protected] or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 109 with any questions.