Our client located on Vancouver Island, British Columbia has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
- Administer the company safety program to ensure a safe work environment
- Promote safety by various means (safety contacts, safety tours, incident investigations and follow-up, MSDS and JSA review, equipment condition, etc.) and lead by example
- Ensure adherence to all environmental control procedures and relevant codes and standards
- Application of technical principles and problem solving techniques to evaluate and resolve mechanical conditions to maximize manufacturing efficiencies
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the efforts of an experienced trades crew to repair and maintain mechanical equipment to keep both the plant and shops operations running at maximum efficiency with minimum interruption
- Use technical knowledge and maintenance history of mechanical equipment through a CMMS to develop and implement preventive maintenance programs
- Perform administrative activities such as scheduling employees and approving pay, completing maintenance reports, conducting safety conversations, and compiling other reporting as necessary by the manufacturing and maintenance facility
- Actively participate in recruitment screening and selection of prospective new hires
- Establish performance goals and objectives with Manager, Mechanical Maintenance
- Holds a mechanical trade certificate, a technical diploma, and/or a degree in engineering.
- Has 3-5 years of heavy industry manufacturing and maintenance experience (with related
knowledge of machine shop and/or rebuild/repair of equipment)
- Sound knowledge of mechanical maintenance practices and required skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to work in a shop floor environment
- Good computer skills
- An enthusiastic approach and ability to learn quickly and assume responsibility
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage change, communicate effectively, and lead high-performance teams.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
Job Number 6453