Our client in Midland, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Millwright.
- Receive instructions relative to priority needs and requirements
- Work with all engineering departments on the design, fabrication, installation and try-out of new and modified equipment
- Work with other departments in the troubleshooting of equipment and facility concerns;
- Effect repairs in a timely and efficient manner as required
- Evaluate jobs to be done in relation to tools required and the extent of materials needed
- Estimate the time required for each job
- Obtain the necessary equipment, tools and parts required to do the job through various means including the tool crib, tool room or through special orders
- Communicate fabricated part requirements to engineering and tool room through the use of basic sketches
- Read and interpret blueprints for equipment and parts
- Carry out any preventative maintenance work as required by the company preventative maintenance program
- Operate the fork lift and high lift as required
- Troubleshoot PLC and control program issues and complete basic program adjustments
- Work is completed through use of milling machines, drill presses, assorted grinders, lathes, various welders, measuring equipment and computers
- Assist other maintenance departments and personnel as required
- Certified Millwright with the appropriate papers;
- Pre-employment training includes the making of general repairs to equipment involving knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems;
- Knowledge of welding principles is an asset;
- Ability to read detailed machine blueprints;
- Basic knowledge of PLC and control programming languages;
- Attention to detail is key as position involves work on equipment which is not easily replaced.
- Ability to work under general direction with independently set objectives;
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Jim Cooper @ 1 800 339 5917 extension 107.
Job Number: 5818