Our client in Concord, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Millwright.
- Execute the preventative maintenance program as per existing planning and scheduling.
- Complete the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of Plant facilities and equipment as required including working with external contractors.
- Support maintenance of spare parts list.
- Routine maintenance of production equipment to ensure the most efficient flow of production with the least possible downtime.
- Respond to production downtime calls with a sense of urgency and provide both a diagnosis and effective solution to any problems found.
- Identify opportunities to work as a team and involve other trades in order to resolve concerns as efficiently as possible.
- Work with production scheduler to schedule repairs ensuring scheduler is aware when work assignments cannot be completed as planned.
- Maintain detailed records of technical information and labour hours of unscheduled repairs and improvement
- Ensures supervisor is advised when assignments cannot be completed as planned.
- Comply with and enforce all Company policies as required.
- Must possess a valid trades licence – Ontario or Journeyman Certificate of Qualification for the trade of Millwright, 433A.
- Able to communicate clearly in English (both verbal and written).
- Must own Toolbox/Tools to carry out tasks.
- Knowledge or training and past experience operating heavy industrial equipment including overhead cranes. Inspection equipment (micro meter, height indicator, etc.)
- 5 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience performing maintenance and repairs on stamping brake presses at least or greater than 400 tonnes.
- Previous work experience with shifts or on straight nights will be regarded as a valuable asset.
- Assertive and self motivated, able to analyze and prioritize tasks.
- Intimate knowledge of equipment and processes within scope of job. Certified in use of all required equipment
- Constantly open to new ideas, open to change and improvement, capable of moving ideas into actions by leveraging planning skills and the ability to involve and motivate others.
- Skilled in root cause analysis and trouble techniques of equipment problems
- Creative problem-solving skills are essential
- General knowledge of blueprint reading and various steel and lubricants
- Clean and very organized shop floor environment working toward 5S expertise.
- Works under general supervision of Supervisor or Designee.
- Required to carry out routine, repetitive tasks such as reaching, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, lifting, packing, stacking and bending.
- Regularly exposed to noise, temperature change and on occasion lubricants.
This is a night shift position with no rotation
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability.
Job Number: 5318