Our client in Windsor, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Mould Maker.
- In conjunction with the responsible leader, to study and review the customer specifications, engineering schematics and other relevant data so as to determine a sequence of manufacturing operations that is consistent with the estimated costs and the customer delivery schedules;
- To utilize a knowledge of mould making, metallurgy, technical mathematics and machining methodology and assist in the machining process from the rough stock to the mould block by ensuring that all lay-out lines, points and dimensions are accurately marked on the machined detail;
- To observe and advise, during the machining process, so as to verify the conformance of the mould cavity and core components to the customer specifications;
- To set-up and operate a variety of machine tools in order to cut, turn, mill, plane, bore or otherwise shape the mould components to the specified dimensions, especially related to the passage of coolants, steam or injection materials during the moulding process;
- To verify the conformance of the machined components to the engineering specifications by checking the dimensions, clearances and alignment using measuring instruments such as dial indicators, height gauges, micrometers and other devices;
- To evaluate the contours of the mould surface through the use of devices such as a spotting press;
- To test the completed mould tools so as to ensure that the units are functioning within normal and established customer specifications;
- To recommend changes, as required in the design, to the engineering department, based on operational date;
- As required and directed by Management, to review, with the assigned Project Manager, the status and functionality of each job
- A completed, or in progress, apprenticeship program and certification in the trade by the Province of Ontario, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team
- A proficiency in reading and understanding engineering drawings
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Jim Cooper @ 1 800 339 5917 extension 107.
Job Number: 5571