Chief Power Engineer
- Lead and manage the department team in order to successfully achieve its targets with respect to Health and Safety, meeting operational budget priorities, the capital plan, planned and predictive maintenance and achieving overall productions rates and manufacturing cost targets for the department.
- Develop, coordinate and implement the manpower training programs for the departments given the demographics of the team and to maintain and improve upon quality, efficiency and capital upgrades.
- Participate in the monthly operational / budget review process and will maintain an active and open dialogue with the Unions to promote safe work practices, product and equipment ownership, and continuous improvement within the departments.
- Maintain liaison between the departments and maintenance is required.
- Demonstrate a full commitment to the safety process and policies, including the integration of safety into all operational functions;
- Maintain a good working relationship with management, staff, and hourly employees.
- A First Class Operating Engineer Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including an ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced and structured environment, as well as leadership ability within a unionized environment.
- Good communication skills with excellent strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods;
- Proficient analytical skills required as well as a strong background in MS Office.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of plant operation and the maintenance of associated equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the work of maintenance tradesmen.
- Ability to administer and direct personnel.
- Ability to compile comprehensive operational reports and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Physically capable of performing the duties assigned.
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please forward a resume, 2 references, and your interview availability to Patricia MacQueen at [email protected] or call Patricia directly at 1-877-737-6562 ext. 104.