Our client has an immediate opening for a 2nd Class Power Engineer.
Wage: Negotiable – Depending on relevant experience.
- Supervises and trains shift personnel in the safe and efficient operation of the boiler, turbine and related process equipment
- Assists in maintaining the accident prevention program which will develop a positive attitude towards safety
- Responsible for the maintenance of various tasks and projects as assigned by the Chief Engineer
- Maintains environmental standards and ensure applicable rules and regulations are in compliance.
- Assists with scheduled shut downs in a support role or assigned as a team leader
- Maintains adequate records as required by Company and external regulatory agencies
- Ensures Boilers and Pressure Vessels Act is complied with at all times
- Maintains daily records, logbook entries, accurate production records and tabulation of monthly reports.
- On shift supervision and responsibility of shift personnel ensuring that their duties are performed safely and efficiently. Including personnel from other departments as well as Contractors
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- Second Class Power Engineer Certificate
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of power plant operation and the maintenance of associated equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the work of maintenance tradesmen.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to administer and direct personnel.
- Ability to compile comprehensive operational reports and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Physically capable of performing the duties assigned.
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please forward a resume, 2 references, your wage expectations and your interview availability to Patricia MacQueen at [email protected] or call Patricia directly at 1-877-737-6562 ext. 104.