Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Press Operator to join their team.
Shifts: Must be able to work shifts, including: Days / Afternoons / Nights & Weekends.
- Comply with all safety procedures
- Operating the robotic press line, attaching end of arm tooling and components, troubleshooting and testing safety circuits and lockouts before startup
- Occasional programming, testing and debugging of robot programs may be required
- Maintain automated and robotic manufacturing methods and processes
- Be proactive in process and quality improvement automation and robotic projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Assist the maintenance and manufacturing teams in maintenance programs and record keeping as required.
- Other duties assigned by the management team.
- 2 – 3 years experience as a press operator
- Knowledge of robots & robot controls.
- Experience with dies, presses and press controls (start up, shut down, inching, safety devices).
- Ability to manage priorities and achieve results
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment performing repetitive tasks
- Ability to retain information and communicate effectively
If you would be interested in applying for this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Patricia MacQueen at [email protected].