Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Procurement Analyst to join their team.
Wage range for this opportunity is negotiable depending on Candidate’s overall experience and educational background.
- Bring technologies, through supplier engagement, to our product portfolios, processes and structures, to promote innovation, transformation and achieve improved value
- Develop effective bid packages consisting of commercial and technical parameters
- Contribute to key corporate financial metrics, project budgets, pipeline velocity and quality
- Develop market and supply chain intelligence to reduce purchasing costs when negotiating contracts in volatile pricing environments
- Identify the best sourcing opportunities and negotiate final contracts that optimize value for the organization
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, adhering to defined Purchasing procedures, policies and guiding principles
- Develop strategic supplier relationships
- Identify and mitigate organizational risk
- Identify and drive opportunities for improved value, cost savings
- Analyze local, regional and global spending trends at component level
- Analytically summarize cost at component level across regions
- Support corporate purchasing in developing external provider agreements
- Support development of a global sourcing strategy.
- Prepare presentations/materials to support monthly reporting of regional and global value improvements, cost savings
- Participate in Internal best cost country (BCC) bench marking activities
- Participate in the development of BCC sourcing synergies across group companies
- Search/discover sources of expertise and resources to coordinate the early engagement of suppliers having relevant core competencies, the most advanced technologies and innovativeness; enabling the organization to achieve global, differentiable competitiveness and “best-in-class” performance.
- Perform buying function as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Enterprise-level communication skills: verbal/written, persuasiveness, intellectual aggressiveness and analysis
- An understanding of required input parameters (technical and commercial) needed to achieve departmental deliverable outputs
- A developmental attitude
- Cross cultural sensitivity: an understanding, appreciation, and respect of global cultures
- A proven knowledge of similar industries, processes, equipment and systems.
- A commitment to meet project performance and metric criteria
- Computer skills, including SAP user experience, business skills and financial skills are assets
- An ability to work well with others in a cross-functional, team environment
- Data analysis and data modeling
- Previous experience in writing external provider framework agreements is a plus
- Knowledge of industry related external providers: commercial components, fabrications, machined components, other manufacturing processes
- Professional business acumen with strong verbal presentational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft excel, pivot tables and data charting, analysis, interpretation
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in Engineering, Procurement/Supply Chain or related Automation Industry studies
Please submit your resume, 2 references, shift availability, and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at [email protected] .