Our client located in White River, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Production Manager (Sawmill)
- Ensure to develop all the unit accountable for Health and Safety performance and provide a safe and healthy work place with sound environmental policies and comply, as a minimum, with applicable regulations.
- Provide strong and effective leadership for the elaboration and the execution of the annual general budget, cash cost reduction plan and the margin improvement.
- Ensure for the elaboration and the execution of the best management practice on Human Resources, effective communication, team work, continuous improvement, labour relations, Health and Safety and environment in order to improve the site operation.
- Ensure operations (yard, sawmill, dryer, planer, maintenance, shipping), meet the level of production standards established.
- Ensures that unit operations attains maximum productivity with well-maintained equipment while achieving the quality standards set up with the sale group to meet customer’s needs.
- Manage the unit in order to ensure the policies, procedures, applicable regulations and guidelines conform.
- Ensure that Purchase Department satisfy the units need and conform to the company’s policy.
- 5+ years production experience in sawmill environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, continuous improvement processes and their effect on cost of production
- Knowledge of correct application of systems and processes that ensures continuous improvement (safety, maintenance, quality and manufacturing)
- Understanding of safety and environmental requirements
- Ability to interpret and apply HR, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrated oral and written communication and analytical skills problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources
- Ability to effectively implement change
- Ability to develop effective partnerships within and outside of manufacturing
- Ability to interpret and apply corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to motivate, coach, lead and train direct reports through daily job assignments, team meetings, etc
- Ability to operate computer and supporting software programs
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Bilingual (French & English) would be an asset
- Engineering background or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
For more information about this position and Halliwell Consulting please visit our Website www.halliwellconsulting.com
Job Number 6431