Our client located in Aurora, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor, Stamping
- Directs the activities of production team members including manpower assignments scheduling, issuing disciplinary action if required, conducting annual performance appraisal, and other employee relations matters.
- Review production order requirements, and determines unit schedule for production.
- Reviews production levels to determine priority of production.
- Working closely with maintenance department and tool room, minimize machine downtime by identifying root cause, ensuring timeliness of repair operation, coordinating necessary support departments, and following up on corrective actions to avoid future breakdowns.
- Inspects operating equipment and environment of the working area and maintain standards.
- Promotes a positive employee relations climate by maintaining open communications with production team and practicing effective conflict resolution.
- Ensures productivity targets are achieved by monitoring actual performance against target and initiates corrective action to correct any negative variances.
- Provides productivity data for departmental performance reports.
- Promotes continuous improvement activities including reviewing all suggestions made by team members.
- Coordinates resources for implementation. Make recommendations for productivity and safety improvements to Production Manager.
- Identifies training requirements for team members, sets schedules and provides resources to conduct required training. Maintains skill charts for team members.
- Maintains safe working environment including completion of accident investigation report, good housekeeping, safety training, utilization of personal protective equipment, and compliance with safety rules and procedures.
- Works in a cost-effective manner and maintains high standard of quality and excellent workmanship.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Excellent knowledge in production planning and scheduling
- Sound understanding in TS 16949 and ISO compliance
- Experience with assembly, robotics and welding methods
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent in education
- Holding forklift license would be preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an automotive stamping environment; supervisory/lead experience required
- Must possess leadership abilities, problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and decision making processes
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.