Our client located in Thunder Bay, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Projects Mechanical Engineer.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Reviews project plans and proposals, then works with management to develop project objectives.
- Identifies project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project.
- Calculates time frames and sequences the stages of the project.
- Prepares and distributes a description and timeline of the project.
- Studies product design, customer requirements performance standards, then determines project specifications.
- Presents cost estimates and performance standards.
- Conducts tests assuring safe and satisfactory product performance.
- Reviews contractor bids; interviews and assigns personnel to specific phases and elements of the project. Through project coordination meetings and other forms of communication, oversees and coordinates the technical aspects of the project.
- Prepares status reports and regularly monitors budgets, contractors and schedules. Allocates project resources appropriately; approves expenditures; employee contractor contracts. Keeps an accurate record and electronic data base of all elements of the projects.
- Presents procedures, rules and regulations to those involved in the project; maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Develops a Path of Construction to identify the manner in which the project will be executed both contractually and physically.
- Identifies the risks associated with each aspect of construction contracting, management and execution and provide a philosophy as to how these identified risks will be mitigated and/or managed to ensure construction cost, schedule, safety, environmental performance and engineering performance will achieved under all but extreme circumstances.
- Generates a Construction Execution Plan that details all aspects of construction planning, construction contracts implementation, construction management, construction execution and construction reporting.
- Assists in the creation of the yearly capital and production budgets.
- Coordinate and liaise with the production operations staff and stakeholders to ensure input prior to handover.
- Ensures that Quality Assurance personnel are in place and effectively manage all aspects of Contractor Quality Control required to verify and document that the completed work meets all of the design, engineering and execution standards which specify the work. QA must ensures that all quality verification documentation and engineering implementation verification documents are available prior to facilities turnover to operations. Under no circumstance are quality verification documents to be created after the fact and issued in support of system turnovers.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in construction/project coordination and management.
- Specific training and/or certification in Project Management preferred.
- Experience in project management, issue and risk management, change control and familiarity with using project plans.
- Experience leading and facilitating a team with the ability to influence and manage other internal and external suppliers to the product development process to ensure the timely success of the project.
- Experience having budgetary responsibilities.
- Have technical fluency in English.
- This is a permanent position and will transform into an Operations Excellence role once all projects are completed.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
For more information about this position and Halliwell Consulting please visit our Website www.halliwellconsulting.com