Our client located in Grand Falls, New Brunswick has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Supervisor
- Responsible for procurement activities and general operation of warehouse.
- Facilitates the procurement of materials and services in communicating the needs to the vendors / suppliers.
- Buys, negotiates and manages various agreements for materials and services in accordance with policies.
- Reviews and proposals from suppliers and makes recommendations.
- Follows-up shipping details, delivery, delays and status of orders
- Ensures that suppliers comply with the deadlines for delivery of products ordered
- Identifies, develops and establishes relationships with suppliers new and existing, taking into account current and future conditions of the market
- Maintenance of customs compliance and relations with brokerage firms (broker)
- Contact suppliers and Accounts Payable to ensure the timely delivery parts and timely payments of invoices
- Autonomy, integrity and sense of responsibility
- Organized and able to determine priorities based on the operational needs
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Can adapt to unforeseen situations and has an ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and available according to operational needs
- Good mechanical aptitude, analytical skills and mathematic skills
- Business Administration (University or College degree)
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position in industrial environment and/or unionized manufacturing
- Recognized Purchasing Designation or certification would be an asset
- Experience with purchase and inventory system
- Good understanding of Management systems and negotiation of contracts
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry would be an asset
- Bilingualism French and English is a must have
- Good knowledge of tools in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
Job Number 6573