Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Quality Engineer – Quality Leader to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing all stages of the manufacturing system to maximize the quality of the process itself and the products being produced including prevention planning and the correction of non-conformance with the production cycle.
- Must have automotive background
- Must have management experience at least 3-5 years
- This is not an entry level position
- Responsible for the Quality System Maintenance.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective action for process related concerns
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen and lean methods.
- Develop, implement and participate in training to build quality awareness.
- Act as a support to the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventative action to respond to customer complaints
- Maintain quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures and other relevant written processes.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of receiving/outgoing quality functions.
- Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Manage suppliers’ performance and conduct audits.
- Coaching, managing, mentoring and developing new and existing employees.
- Participate and complete all Health and Safety training or any other training mandated by the Company.
- Promote and participate in a safe and healthy work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Possess 5 years of supervisory or related experience in a fast paced production/manufacturing environment.
- 5 years experience in a Quality Engineer role in an Automotive environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizing, planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to train personnel
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50lbs)
- Ability to find information, document relevant information and knowledge of computers
- Ability to retain information and communicate effectively
- Experience in Automotive industry (PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP)
- Ability to work all shifts (days, afternoons, midnights)
If you would be interested in applying for this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Mike MacLeod at [email protected]