Our client located in Windsor ON, has an immediate opening for Quality Manager
Our client is seeking a strong leader, with past experience, to engage a dynamic team responsible for the Quality Assurance function of their facility. Ensuring compliance to established standards of corporate objectives and regulated agencies for industry through the planning, development and implementation of quality systems that support business objectives and resources while focusing on team development and growth is key for this Management position.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Interprets current quality data to determine that present quality standards and policies meet established quality goals and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals including inspection types.
- Assists in formulating and implementing inspection criteria and procedures.
- Provides leadership and assistance during all internal and external audits.
- Interprets and implements company’s ISO Quality Manual to personnel in organization. Sets up standards and procedures for quality assurance, including evaluating current quality procedures, instruments and test equipment.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products. Provides oversight on standards for inspection procedures.
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Trains quality control inspectors on new requirements and procedures and implements new changes in quality control program.
- Applies total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
- Provides oversight on calibration procedures, including the documentation of instruments calibration, calibration times and record keeping.
- Works with vendors as required to insure quality of all purchased parts for company use. Travels to vendors’ locations as required.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Reports to the Senior Leadership Team on departmental progress, and implements directives from Manager.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Quality Department employees including the training, planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum of BS degree and 5+ years related quality management experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with castings, machined parts, and domestic and international suppliers preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to travel and attend training courses and seminars when needed.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] salary expectations and availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 108.