Our client located in Chetwynd, British Columbia has an immediate opening for a Plant Quality Supervisor
- Perform all work in accordance with safety rules and regulations and participate in facility health & safety activities as assigned. Be pro-active in identifying and performing tasks to maintain and improve safety, quality and environmental performance.
- Implement and manage quality systems and lead continuous improvement activity.
- Ensure quality and technical objectives are properly deployed.
- Supervise activities and training of quality technicians.
- Ensure SSOPs and JSAs exist and are updated for all quality tasks. Ensure required training for Quality Technicians is completed and documented according to policies.
- Manage a large scope of work, volume of activity, and direct reports.
- Manage scope of project work, analysis, or report writing.
- Provide safety, quality, and environmental training for Quality Technicians.
- Lead process and product tests/trials as assigned. Compile, analyze, and report trial test results as required.
- Define and implement procedures to support quality initiatives. Establish and maintain a comprehensive program that will ensure consistent product quality under certifying agency guidelines.
- Ensure plant compliance with all internal product specifications, and corporate quality policies.
- Manage quality systems to assure consistent process and product performance while maintaining maximum production and safe work habits.
- Manage plant calibration and verification schedules for process and lab instruments. Lead and deploy process optimization (cost reduction, new technology, etc.), statistical analysis, continuous process improvement, and experimental design.
- Support and assist in troubleshooting sources of Special Cause variation.
- Supervise work activities for plant Quality Technicians.
- Train, coach, and assist in the development of plant Quality Technicians.
- Manage quality records, databases, and controlled documents in accordance with corporate record retention policies.
- Manage and maintain quality records and databases in compliance with business, corporate, and certifying agency requirements.
- Generate routine quality reports for internal communication.
- Assist in the plant quality self-assessment.
- Assume responsibilities of Quality Manager in their absence.
- Thorough knowledge of quality system.
- Thorough knowledge of quality policies & standards
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, equipment and basic mechanical ability.
- Knowledge of customer requirements, installation requirements, compliance regulations, quality processes and procedures.
- Skill in leading, planning, coaching, training, and supervising. Ability to hold people accountable.
- Skill in data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and understanding of statistical process controls.
- Proven ability to design experiments to investigate product attributes or qualities/conditions.
- Strong computer spreadsheet software and software skills
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven ability to operate job related equipment and tools.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven ability to operate a computer and supporting software.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to document process changes and their effects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Forest Products, Engineering, Wood Science or related field preferred.
- ASQ Certification, Lean Six Sigma Training, or other applicable training desirable.
- Adequate combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities
- 5+ years quality related experience.
- Manufacturing experience desirable.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.