Our client located in Thunder Bay, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Recovery Superintendent (2nd Class)
- Supervise and maintain all daily aspects of the Chemical Recovery, and Steam Plant areas.
- Supports the development and execution of a proactive safety program
- Responsible for all health and safety aspects of all persons who work in their area.
- Monthly safety audits and weekly job observations.
- Responsible to follow-up on all unsafe conditions.
- Coordinates operations and maintenance in their respective areas of responsibility to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- Plans all monthly and major shutdowns with the OMC, area Maintenance Superintendent and planner.
- Responsible for assisting with work planning, work prioritization and daily coordination.
- Ensures the area workers fully understand the aspects of all maintenance requirements and reasons for process changes in the worker’s job position.
- Accountable for the efficient and productive operation of their respective areas in accordance with the Operating Engineers Act.
- Assist with the development of operating budgets and capital expenditure projects.
- Manages cost control of their respective areas in the operating budget.
- Must possess a Second Class Operating Engineer Certificate.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of related experience in increasingly responsible jobs in steam plant/liquor cycle environment.
- Strong leadership/supervisory skills – complimented by well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership experience in a unionized environment.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and understanding of safe work practices.
- The ability to prioritize, make sound decisions, and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- Strong organizational, planning skills and time management skills.
- Analytical, critical thinking and proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.