Our client in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island has an immediate opening for a Red Seal Automotive Service Technician.
- The Licensed Automotive Technician works in a fast-paced auto service environment, providing superior expertise to customers and the automotive team in automotive systems, diagnostics and repairs.
- Customer Service Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Explains procedures and repairs and any additional maintenance work required to customers in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
- Liaises with Management/Service Advisors/Installers to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work and that all commitments are achieved.
- Provides accurate estimates and written vehicle reports for all work performed.
- Provides quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards.
- Performs tasks in compliance with industry flat rate time allowances.
- Ensures that an unsafe vehicle is reported to management and the vehicle owner.
- Ensures vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
- Retains used parts for the customer on request.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Performs accurate and complete vehicle inspections, diagnostics and repairs.
- Performs daily bay inspections in order to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness.
- Instructs monitors and verifies work completed by apprentices.
- Estimates cost and time for service and repair needs on the customer’s vehicle to Service Advisor.
- Completes and reviews repair orders and vehicle inspection reports with customers and/or service advisors.
- Maintains company and personally-owned equipment and tools, as required.
- Remains current with up-to-date knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of most domestic and imported vehicles.
- Performs road tests in compliance with store policy. Is respectful of all shop tools and equipment.
- Complies with company, store and Automotive Service Centre policies.
- Abides by all health and safety programs and regulations.
- Reports any observed or potential hazards immediately.
- Valid mechanic’s license and driver’s licence for province of employment is an absolute must.
- Knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is considered an asset.
- Experience in a similar role, is considered an asset.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and to give precise instructions.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow-up on daily tasks.
- Ability to resolve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Ability to adapt and cope with pressure.
- Ability to lift/Carry light to heavy objects.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Benefits package
- Tax Free Profit-sharing
If you meet the requirements and are interested in applying for this role, please submit an updated resume to [email protected], or contact Chris Halliwell directly at 1 (800) 339-5917, ext. 108.
Job Number: 5969