Reporting to the Director the Sourcing Specialist will be part of the team that executes day-to-day purchasing, ensuring we have the right products at the right time, in accordance with our best practices. This is a role that will facilitate many Souring projects, and is part of a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will need to ensure the highest level of internal customer satisfaction, while balancing multiple projects that deliver intended results.
· Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Business Administration
· Years of Experience Required: o Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience o Purchasing or Supply Management experience is considered an asset
· SCMP Designation is desired
· Excellent analytical skills – ability to turn empirical data into insightful, strategic decisions
· Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel
· Entrepreneurial spirit – you figure out how to get things done, and treat challenges as opportunities
· Ability to thrive in an environment where you’ll have multiple competing projects with evolving priorities
· Continuous improvement.
· Fluent in negotiations
· Identify cost-savings initiatives: Develop plan to capture savings, Identifying key milestones; ensuring all initiatives on track to deliver desired outcomes
· Leverage spend across departments and sites where common spend exists
· Working with other departments – Maintenance, Production, Quality, R&D, Technical Sales – to implement and improve supply arrangements in these areas
· Build strong working relationships with key suppliers: identify/develop new products/processes and implement improvements
· Establish & maintain Supplier Performance metrics to ensure we are capturing highest quality, service and benefits of contractual arrangements
· Negotiate pricing and other terms of our supplier relationships
Please submit resumes to [email protected] including your availability or contact Chris Halliwell @ 1 800 339 5917 extension 108.