Our client located in Townsend, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Technical Estimator.
Wage range: $20 – $24 per hour.
Day Shift role.
- Collect and analyze data in order to estimate the time, money, materials, and labor required to manufacture a fabricated product, or provide a service.
- Responsible for quoting, quality assurance, project planning, and drafting projects for customers as well as field superintendents.
- Responsible for initiating and completing appropriate documents for projects as well as acting as a resource to the Shop Fabrication team and/or the Field Superintendents.
- Work under limited supervision following standardized industry practices and/or methods as well as be able to interact with many different people within and outside the organization.
- Facilitate a safe work culture. Ensures that all crew members are working in compliance of the company’s safety program as well as the Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
- Maintain communication with all team members to ensure a smooth completion of fabrication projects.
- Estimate materials and labour required to complete and fabricate specific projects and/or items.
- Sourcing and purchasing of materials required to complete projects.
- Inspection of goods and materials as they are received to ensure quality.
- Create bills of material and cutting list for projects that are to be fabricated in the shop.
- Design and layout projects to be completed/fabricated by shop trades workers.
- Provide answers and/or solutions to any technical questions regarding fabrication of items/projects that other team members have.
- Assist field division when requested with any estimating specific concerns.
- Responsible for preparation and completion of reports: quality documents, permits, equipment inspections, project schedules and minutes, procurement logs, testing results, etc.
- Draw, Read and interpret blueprints for specific fabrication projects.
- Inspection and sign off of completed projects to ensure quality and completeness before delivery to customer.
- University/College Degree/Diploma in an Engineering Field or engineering related area of study, as well as a High School Diploma or equivalent position related experience; preferably 1-3 years of experience as a qualified/competent technician.
- Knowledge and understanding of company and project safety programs
- Proficiency in Autocad and blueprint reading.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, fabrication practices and welding procedures and metallurgy.
- Good math and analytic skills are essential.
- Knowledge of construction trades.
- Effectively communicate, orally and written with good comprehension to properly handle the administrative duties of the position ensuring completion of all documents.
- Consider a wide variety of factors when using equipment to operate in a safe and appropriate manner and have the ability to problem solve and resolve conflict.
- Ability to consistently manage schedules to meet deadlines.
Please submit resumes to [email protected]