Our client has an immediate opportunity for 4 experienced Tool and Die Makers to join their team.
Wage: Depending on relevant experience ($28 – $30 per hour)
- Afternoon (2 openings)
- Night (2 openings)
- Certified Tool & Die Maker License.
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in automotive manufacturing preferably in stamping environment.
- TIG welding experience.
- Ability to set up presses and feeders would be an asset.
- CAD experience would be an asset
- Able to read blue prints and drawings.
- Able to use all machine tools and equipment proficiently
- Must have expertise in the repair of progressive dies.
- Able to work with minimal supervision when required and also as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- Able to work with others; build and maintain positive employee relations
- Able to interpret written report, correspondence, instructions, procedures and guidelines.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Contribute to employee suggestion program, continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Must repair and service existing tooling including, debugging new tooling and incorporating engineering changes with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to lead and guide a group in either emergency repairs, or new tooling when two or more toolmakers are included.
- Requisitions die components and related material in writing via computer.
- Remove all contaminated production parts when working on emergency calls at the press.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping and follow the 5S principles.
- Report any unsafe or unhealthy conditions immediately.
- Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping in the area and ensure that area of responsibility is clean, tidy and organized at all times.
- Attend training as required or as assigned.
- Know the operating instructions for all equipment and processes where you are assigned. Know the pre start-up inspection process, hazards, protective measures, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, start and stop procedures and equipment limitations.
- Perform any other duties as requested.
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at [email protected] or call 1-877-737-6562 ext 108