Our client in Aurora, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Tool and Die Maker.
- Plan and construct a wide variety of tools, dies, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances, or construct more complex units where design is available.
- Perform development work, layout and difficult tool room machine operations, fitting, timing and adjusting, e.g. combination dies for parts or irregular contour, box type drill jigs with difficult locating or nesting features, ordinary index milling fixtures.
- Dismantles and repairs or replaces parts of damaged dies and fixtures, fits and assembles parts, and tests repaired dies for proper operation.
- Verifies conformance of dies, new or repaired to specification by checking dimensions, cutting clearances, forms and alignments as required.
- Operates cranes safely to remove and/or relocate dies to specific work stations/equipment.
- Establishes and maintains an effective preventative maintenance program. Ensures all tools are properly fit for use.
- Prepares sketches for machining of tool details.
- Performs basic layout inspections of both tooling and manufactured components in press.
- Participates in ongoing Continuous Improvement processes.
- Takes direction from Supervisor/Lead Hand, as applicable.
- Protects own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
- Maintains safety standard and cleanliness of workplace and equipment as outlined by company policy.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Recognized technical trade certificate – Tool & Die Maker or minimum 10 years of experience
- Must have all tools common to trade practice
- Proficient in reading and working with blueprints
- Capable of working with varied ranges of ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Proficient in workshop theory and calculation
- Ability to work with SPC
- Competent in all Tool Room machining to close tolerances
- Able to work with limited guidance and supervision
- Able to work with others as part of a team
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to troubleshoot tooling problems and estimate timelines for resolution
Salary: $29 – $30/hour
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role, please forward an updated resume to email@example.com. You can Contact Jim Cooper at 1 (800) 339-5917, ext. 107
Job Number: 5953