Our client has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Tool and Die Maker to join their team.
Wage: Depending on relevant experience ($25 – $30 per hour)
- Day Shift, (Mon to Fri, 7am to 3:15pm)
- Afternoon Shift, (Mon to Fri, 3pm to 11:15pm)
Our client is seeking candidates with the following skills:
- Follow all applicable work instructions to complete the tooling maintenance tasks.
- Make aware any tooling equipment safety concerns to the Tool Lead Hand immediately.
- Read and interprets blueprints and uses precision measuring instruments (imperial and metric).
- Experience with new build of dies and modifications to existing die and fixtures in a manufacturing environment.
- New tools and tooling experience including: design changes, procedures, and precision machining involving the use of all standard machine shop equipment.
- Competent in all aspects of building new dies to accurate completion
- Ensure all dies and tools are maintained properly to avoid interruption of production, and to minimize unnecessary downtime.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement, dimensional quality concerns and customer issues, and supports departmental goals and objectives
- Clean tooling as required and maintain a clean organized work area.
Our client is seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Certification of Qualification in Tool and Die
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing industry/equivalent
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Good organizational skills, self starter and a team player
- Able to operate Tool room equipment (lathe, grinding machine, milling machine, etc.) effectively and safely
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Patricia MacQueen at [email protected]