Our client in Windsor, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Tool and Die Maker.
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications; Instruct apprentices
- Tool and Die Fabrication Experience Metal cutting, forming or bending dies; Jigs and fixtures, Gauges or instruments, Extrusion dies, Compound or progressive transfer dies
- Inspect and test final products;
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and set up machine tools;
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments;
- Machine, fit and assemble castings and other parts to make metal moulds, cores boxes and precision models of required shape;
- Lay out, shape and assemble patterns of metal, wood, plastic and other materials from blueprints, models or templates
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Overtime required
- Willing to work a rotational shift of days, afternoons, and nights.
- 3rd Period Apprentice, Tool and Die Maker Trade Certification, or a Tool and Die Maker Red Seal Certificate
- 3-5 years’ experience in a metal stamping environment
If you feel that you meet the requirements for this position, please forward and updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also contact Chris Halliwell directly at 1 (800) 339-5917, ext. 108.
Job Number: 5185