Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Tool and Die Maker to join their team.
Wage: $27 – $29 per hour – Benefits available
Shift: Day Shift – Candidates must be able to work other shifts and overtime if needed.
- Plan, lay out and construct dies and fixtures according to engineering drawings.
- Repair and maintain dies and fixtures as required.
- Responsible for spare Tooling.
- Give input/ideas to Engineering Department on tooling/design alternatives for unique or difficult jobs.
- Help trouble shoot small tooling problems.
- Complete any work required on track sheet and ensure that all inspection sheets are correct.
- Make sure that all log books and PM’s are up to date.
- Perform set-ups as required.
- Develop new dies; make changes to meet or exceed quoted rates and improve product capability.
- Responsible for maintaining tooling documentation (tooling history) up to the smallest detail.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Communicate changes with fellow employees and supervisors.
- Responsible for die sign off and die approval.
- Ensure that dies are ready according to production schedule.
- Minimize downtime through quality improvement activity.
- Work together with fellow employees & personnel of other departments.
- Ensure production readiness of all dies, by following the preventative maintenance schedule, die service procedure, and spare parts system requirements.
- Recommend maintenance and equipment repair necessary to achieve the highest possible efficiency, safety and quality.
- Provide training and assistance for Tool & Die apprentices as required.
- Perform other assignments from time to time as management so directs.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or ministry-approved equivalent
- Tool & Die Certificate of Qualification
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in an automotive manufacturing environment as a licensed Tool & Die Maker
- Transfer Tooling experience an asset
- Capable of full construction of new tools
- Excellent independent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of GD&T level 1, SPC level 2, Metrology, Blueprint Reading & Basic CNC lathe/machining programming
- Able to work independently
- Excellent documentation skills
- Working knowledge of the English Language (both written and oral).
If you would be interested in knowing more about this role, please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Patricia MacQueen at [email protected].