Our client located on the Sunshine Coast, British Columbia has an immediate opening for a Utilities Operations Specialist
- Ensuring that Engineers have the knowledge, experience and procedures to make product safely and efficiently to specification
- Analyzing variance from targets
- Review of shift based log entries and check sheets
- Ensuring daily operation guideline are issued and executed with operating crews
- Provide timely communication of equipment maintenance requirements and utilizing the work order system to identify predictive and corrective maintenance activities
- Develop and update standard operating procedures for regular and out of normal operational modes, maintains operator technical training materials
- Coordinates, develops and implements isolation and lock out procedures, audits and preparation for scheduled and forced maintenance activities
- Coordinates Confines Space Entry Procedures and establishes Confined Space Entry Permits
- Participating in minor and major outage planning and scheduling
- SET plant operational guidelines and adjustments
- Directing the Shift Engineer of activities required by crew for shutdowns and special maintenance days.
Providing troubleshooting expertise
- Optimizing manufacturing processes and recommend equipment and process improvements to achieve manufacturing objectives
- 1st or 2nd class Power Engineer certification registrable in British Columbia
- Strong technical and trouble shooting skills
- Effective communication ability
- Proven track record of initiating change, challenging the status quo, and being able to act as a change agent.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
Job Number 6448