Our client located near Plaster Rock, New Brunswick has an immediate opening for an Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Supervisor
- Supervision of the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff.
- Scheduling and preparing work orders
- Assisting with parts and inventory control, payroll, and preparing and submitting daily and weekly reports
- Commitment to top performance in a safe work environment is necessary
- Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem-solving process.
- Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shut downs).
- Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
- Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
- Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re-occurrence.
- Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
- Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
- Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
- Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
- Other related task.
- Currently certified Red Seal Industrial Electrician, Instrumentation Technician or Electrical Engineer degree. Equivalent amount of experience/training may be considered as well.
- 3 -5 years of Lead or supervisory experience ideally in a sawmill or industrial related experience
- Experience with Hydraulics and Compressors
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player within tight deadlines.
- Analyzing and good organizational skills.
- Result-oriented and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Good troubleshooting and failure analysis skills
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re-occurrence
- Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
- Strong planning, follow up, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, other windows based programs and internet skills.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact Mike MacLeod @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 103.
Job Number 1802