Our client located in Concord, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Mould Designer
The Mould Designer designs moulds, fixtures and components from part drawings, math data or verbal specifications. Designs may be complex and non-routine using Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment. This position also reviews drawings and supporting documents for accuracy and provides recommendations for improvements in order to meet program objectives.
- Ability to perform prescribed duties and responsibilities independently for fascia tooling (hidden parting line and conventional) and trim type tooling (e.g. rockers, claddings, wheel flares etc.)
- Participate in and support Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Adhere to applicable quality systems and Support Management System (MAFACT, WCM, ISO-9001)
- Use standard library models to design tools that meet customer specifications.
- Assist in design of tooling at the direction of the Design Team Leader
- Manage single tool design projects when requested
- Collaborate with other design resources as required for confirmation of tool design concepts relative to part geometry
- Review tool designs produced by our strategic partners in tooling and provide feedback to ensure tools meet the expectations of our production facilities.
- Work closely with estimating and program managers to assist in the development of new tooling and engineering change quotes
- Participate in benchmarking of new tooling and equipment and provide accurate, timely feedback
- Managing engineering changes within design preparing and issuing files both internally and to outsources
- Work together with Design Team Leader to provide key date timing feedback to assist in the scheduling of production.
- Design water, boring mill and 3D contour features working collaboratively to ensure other design disciplines and design for manufacture (build/machine) are considered.
- Complete part feasibility studies on upcoming program parts to ensure all aspects are considered for tool design (cooling, steel condition, proper draft etc.)
- With Designer Team Leader supervision, conduct internal and external design reviews, document results of meetings and implement agreed upon actions
- Mentoring of Designer – Trainees to assist in holistic designer development
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours as required to meet the demands on the engineering department
- Travel as required for investigational or training purposes
- Participate in the daily review of
- Safety standards and safety related items
- Quality standards and quality related items
- Cost and cost related items
- Timing and timing related items
- Motivation and motivation related items
- Minimum completion of Grade 12 diploma
- College diploma / University degree in a relevant technical field, or equivalent experience an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Siemens NX Mold Wizard in all facets of tool design
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability or contact George Halliwell @ 1 877-737-6562 extension 109.
Job Number 1868