Our client located in Northern Ontario has an immediate opening for an Assistant Chief Power Engineer
- Help lead and manage the department team in order to successfully achieve its targets with respect to Health and Safety, meeting operational budget priorities, the capital plan, planned and predictive maintenance and achieving overall productions rates and manufacturing cost targets for the department.
- Assist in developing, coordinating and implementing the manpower training programs for the departments given the demographics of the team and to maintain and improve upon quality, efficiency and capital upgrades.
- Participate in the monthly operational / budget review process.
- Help promote safe work practices, product and equipment ownership, and continuous improvement within the departments.
- Maintain liaison between the departments and maintenance is required.
- Maintain a good working relationship with management, staff, and hourly employees.
- A 2nd Class Operating Engineer Certificate with a commitment to pursue a 1st Class Operating Engineer Certificate within a mutually agreeable timeframe
- Previous experience administering and directing personnel
- Previous experience in Pulp and Paper
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including an ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced and structured environment, as well as leadership ability within a unionized environment.
- Good communication skills with excellent strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods;
Please submit resumes to email@example.com including salary expectations and availability. Telephone 1 800 339 5917 Ext 109.
Job Number 1838