Our client, located in New Brunswick, has immediate opportunities for a Chief Power Engineer to join their team.
Reporting to the Steam & Recovery Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Coordination of activities in all departments within Steam and Recovery to achieve maximum production while meeting safety, environment, quality, and cost objectives. Ensure mill compliance with Corporate Principles & Guidelines and applicable legislation.
• Lead the day-to-day operation of the steam power and water sections of the S&R plant
• Inform the Steam & Recovery Manager of potential major production/cost/quality problems and propose solutions
• Maintain adequate supply and quality of process water to mill operations
• Assist in the preparation of and implement a communication program to promote employee awareness, motivation and participation
• Assist Power Engineers with advancing their certifications
• Ensure plant has sufficient Power Engineers to operate
• Ensure department level compliance with all the identified Group and Business HR policies
• Lead and develop shift supervisors
• 1st class power engineer license (SOPEC Required).
• Supervisory experience required
• Previous pulp and paper experience considered an asset
Please submit your resume, 2 references, wage expectations and your interview availability to Chris Halliwell at email@example.com or call 1-877-737-6562 ext. 108 with any questions.